At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
As a software engineer focused on UI, you will leverage your technical expertise and love of games to build best-in-class, engaging interfaces for progression and meta-game systems. You will work with a small, cross functional team to directly realize the playable experience. You’ll utilize your depth of experience to boldly tackle a large range of problems and guide the team towards the best possible implementation of our game.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Create engaging interface experiences for players using C++ and Blueprint in Unreal Engine 4 for progression and meta-systems
- Own technical architecture, planning, implementation and delivery of game UIs
- Work either full-stack and/or with back-end engineers to build the systems that power compelling UI experiences
- Work closely with designers and artists to design the best possible player interactions
- Debug crashes, investigate performance issues, and optimize the game.
- Mentor other engineers with technical guidance on approach and implementation. Provide feedback on code reviews in a timely manner.
- Help shape the technical direction and standards for the team.
- Understanding of common UI design patterns such as MVVM, MVP, etc...
- Expertise in C++
- Experience with different animation and effect techniques including timelines, emitters and composite video
- Willingness and capability to explore new techniques, tools, and patterns to accomplish the product goals
- Familiarity with and passion for games, particularly multiplayer social games
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 and UMG is preferred but not required