At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better together. We're building endlessly engaging experiences that remove the barriers to playing with friends. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first class native experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape the game.
As a software engineer focused on metagame, you will leverage your technical expertise and love of games to craft content and tools that power the core progression and social loops of the game. You will work with a small, cross functional team to directly realize the playable experience where your input will be critical to shaping what this game is. You'll work on all layers of the system including Unreal, backend systems, Cloud, database, networking and infrastructure.
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but as conditions improve we intend on returning to our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA.
- Design and build backend systems to manage progression, social, stats, and other persistent systems in the game.
- Integrate backend systems directly into the game in Unreal through user-interfaces, dynamic actors, etc...
- Partner closely with design to rapidly prototype and iterate on new capabilities and systems.
- Collaborate with design to build authoring tools and interfaces that unlock accelerated content development and reduce maintenance costs and errors.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, sharing technical feedback and code reviews in a timely manner.
- Expert level experience with statically typed OOP languages (such as Java, Kotlin, C#, Golang, C++, etc...) and design
- Expert level experience with back-end and cloud-native architectures
- Willingness and capability to explore new technology, tools, and patterns to accomplish the product goals
- Familiarity with and passion for games, particularly multiplayer social games
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Experience with game engines (Unreal Engine preferred but not required) is a nice to have