At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on gameplay, you will leverage your technical expertise and love of games to craft systems, content, and tools that are a part of the core game loop. You will work with a small, cross-functional team to directly realize the playable experience. You’ll utilize your depth of experience to boldly tackle a large range of problems and guide the team towards the best possible implementation of our game.
Elodie Games has embraced a remote-first model. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Design, build, and iterate on robust game systems and content pipelines utilizing Unreal Engine, C++, and Blueprint
- Be a partner to art and design. Collaborate on tools that unlock accelerated content development and reduce maintenance costs and errors. Advise on best practices for system prototypes.
- Debug crashes, investigate performance issues, and optimize the game.
- Mentor other engineers with technical guidance on approach and implementation. Provide feedback on code reviews in a timely manner.
- Help shape the technical direction and standards for the team.
- 7+ years of experience as a Gameplay Engineer
- Expertise in C++
- Experience with game engines, Unreal preferred but not required
- Demonstrable knowledge of game engine architecture, client/server architecture, and server authoritative games
- Willingness and capability to explore new techniques, tools, and patterns to accomplish the product goals
- Familiarity with and passion for games, particularly multiplayer social games
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent knowledge/experience