At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better together. We're building endlessly engaging experiences that remove the barriers to playing with friends. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first class native experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape the game.
As a senior software engineer focused on gameplay, you will leverage your technical expertise and love of games to craft systems, content, and tools that are a part of the core game loop. You will work with a small, cross functional team to directly realize the playable experience. You’ll utilize your depth of experience to boldly tackle a large range of problems and guide the team towards the best possible implementation of our game.
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but as conditions improve we intend on returning to our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA.
- Design, build, and iterate on robust game systems and content pipelines utilizing Unreal Engine, C++, and Blueprint
- Be a partner to art and design. Collaborate on tools that unlock accelerated content development and reduce maintenance costs and errors. Advise on best practices for system prototypes.
- Debug crashes, investigate performance issues, and optimize the game.
- Mentor other engineers with technical guidance on approach and implementation. Provide feedback on code reviews in a timely manner.
- Help shape the technical direction and standards for the team.
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Demonstrable knowledge of game engine architecture, client/server architecture, and server authoritative games
- Willingness and capability to explore new techniques, tools, and patterns to accomplish the product goals
- Familiarity with and passion for games, particularly multiplayer social games
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent knowledge/experience
- Competitive offer including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy