At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
As a QA Lead, you will be the main point of contact for all things quality. You will leverage your expertise to develop, in collaboration with our production team, our initial strategies for testing early development builds of the game. You will help determine the project needs and propose workflows and processes that will ensure that our features are tested correctly and frequently. You will ensure stability and playability of daily builds on a range of different platforms. You will create and share best practices for bug reporting. As the first QA professional on the project, you will be expected to both establish test processes and execute on them.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Form and improve QA processes and procedures.
- Manage the bug database and workflow, including reviewing issues for quality.
- Ensure deployment stability across all environments through daily smoketests.
- Create, maintain, and execute Test Plans.
- Create accurate build verification reports and test plan executions reports for the team.
- Identify, isolate, regress, and communicate issues effectively and efficiently.
- Contribute ideas for automated tests and solutions to improve the testing process.
- 5+ years testing experience in game development QA.
- At least one shipped title in a QA leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of bug tracking software (ex. Jira), test creation software (ex. Xray), and game engines (ex. Unreal).
- Previous experience in creating test strategy and test plans for games.
- Full-cycle (Prototype, Pre-Prod, Production, Post-Launch) game development experience.
- Passion for games and demonstrable understanding of the game industry.
- Desired Qualifications:
- QA experience with different platforms (Mobile, PC, console).
- Experience working with external QA partners & vendors.
- Experience testing networked gameplay.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a small team of embedded QA professionals.