At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
A Lead Environment Artist at Elodie must be well-versed in Maya, ZBrush, and 3D Coat with working experience in a modern game engine - Unity, Unreal, etc. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to help shape the Environment Art style, and gameplay of our studio defining project.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Gather and document reference based on environment design goals and creative direction
- Concept, Sculpt, Texture and Model environment kit assets including POIs and gameplay props
- Collaborate with other team members to plan and develop new environments and environment gameplay
- Taking ownership of your team’s workflow - Integrating environment assets in the Unreal game engine, taking assets and features to completion. And identifying any needed tools or upgrades
- Playing the game regularly to test and verify your work
- Manage, mentor, and grow your team of environment artists
- Reviewing your team’s work and providing feedback and direction.
- Proactively solving roadblocks for your team
- Exceptional skill in authoring stylized environments for games
- 6+ years’ experience in game development authoring stylized environments
- Ability to communicate effectively with other artists, designers, and engineers
- A passion for playing and making games
- Experience managing and mentoring other artists.
- Unreal Engine experience, particularly UE4
- Authoring environments utilizing modern art workflows (Substance, Zbrush, 3Dcoat)
- Concepting modular environment kits
- Cross-platform, and/or multiplayer development
- Authoring environments for combat gameplay and/or top down camera
- Experience hiring artists