At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better together. We're building endlessly engaging experiences that remove the barriers to playing with friends. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first class native experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape the game.
As a software engineer focused on gameplay, you will leverage your technical expertise and love of games to craft content and tools that are a part of the core game loop. You will work with a small, cross functional team to directly realize the playable experience. You'll explore new problem spaces, dive deep into engine code, and do whatever it takes to ship awesome gameplay.
COVID-19 Hiring Update:
We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position but as conditions improve we intend on returning to our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA.
- Build complex game content utilizing existing tools and systems.
- Partner closely with design to rapidly prototype and iterate on new capabilities and systems.
- Collaborate with design and art to build authoring tools and interfaces that unlock accelerated content development and reduce maintenance costs and errors.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, sharing technical feedback and code reviews in a timely manner.
- Experience with C++
- Experience with game engines (Unreal Engine preferred but not required)
- Willingness and capability to explore new technology, tools, and patterns to accomplish the product goals
- Familiarity with and passion for games, particularly multiplayer social games
- BS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent knowledge/experience