At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better together. We're building endlessly engaging experiences that remove the barriers to playing with friends. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first class native experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape the game.
As a Senior/Principal gameplay designer you'll leverage your design expertise and deep knowledge Action/ARPG games to design gameplay systems and content supporting a best in class co-op PvE action experience that feels fantastic on every platform.
While combat is a huge part of this experience, the scope of this role extends to and includes ensuring every moment that players are actively engaged in the game in a real-time context feels best in class.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Maintain an alignment and understanding of the gameplay vision and goals of the game
- Design, own, iterate and improve on player gameplay systems and content like player abilities, weapons, movement and interactions
- Design, own, iterate and improve on PvE gameplay systems and content such as enemy abilities, enemy AI, hazards, traps
- Represent the voice of design within cross-functional teams focused on delivering gameplay content and systems
- Create presentations, specifications, prototypes and example content as necessary to communicate designs while fostering alignment and excitement towards delivery on those designs
- Multiple examples of shipped real-time gameplay content for which you were the primary designer
- 7+ years of industry experience in a Game Design role
- Deep genre expertise in at least one of the following: RPGs, JRPGs, MMOs, MOBAs
- We value but don't require deep expertise in real time action combat and fighting games such as God of War, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry, Dark Souls, Street Fighter, Smash Brothers (and other games of this caliber)
- Proven ability to communicate design ideas in a way that builds alignment and excitement within cross-functional teams