At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
As a Game Designer you will leverage your design expertise to create systems, content, and experiences for players while leveraging your technical super powers.
As a Technical Designer you’ll collaborate with engineers and designers to create powerful workflows and systems that can be used to develop content and experiences in sustainable and reliable ways while maximizing creative expression and enabling clean and effective implementation practices.
This position requires some programming but the majority of your time will be dedicated to game design.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Design and lead the implementation of major content workflow areas for game designers like creatures, heroes, levels, hubs
- Design and lead the implementation of global system workflow areas for game designers like trade-skills, progression, crowd control, controls
- Work along side Game Engineers to articulate and represent the needs of game designers in development of workflow or technology that realizes design vision
- Develop your craft as a game designer in one or more design sub-disciplines such as Systems, Gameplay, Narrative or Level Design
- Model implementation best practices and assist other game designers in improving their implementation skills
- 5+ years of industry experience as a Game Designer or Gameplay Programmer, or 8+ years of industry experience in Game Design related role
- Deep play experience in at least two of the following game genres: MMOs, JRPGs, Western RPGs, Online team PvP
- Work experience in one of the following areas (need not have title) - systems design, gameplay design, narrative design, content design
- Work experience in Unreal or another mature game engine
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience programming in C++/C#/Java or another OOP language + working knowledge of software engineering best practices