At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
As a System Designer focused on progression and metagame, you’ll leverage your design expertise and deep knowledge of progression systems in MMOs, RPGs and JRPGs to create systems that facilitate players discovering, exploring, engaging with the game and content for those systems. You’ll work directly with cross-functional teams to advise on integrating systems and gameplay.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Design systems to realize the progression, economy, and metagame experience of the game for players within a connected, social, persistent world
- Ensure that every system has a clear purpose, defined relationships with other systems, and experiential goals that enable cross-system critique
- Ensure game systems have appropriate and clear specifications and artifacts that inform implementation and capture intent
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on integrating systems and gameplay to achieve great pacing in-game and in progression
- Create design specs, example content, and other artifacts that communicate design intent and inform implementation
- 5+ years of industry experience including System Design experience
- One or more major progression, economy or metagame systems designed and shipped where you were the primary designer of the system
- Deep play experience with and understanding of progression systems within leading recent RPG and JRPG titles across at least two platforms (PC, Console, Mobile)
- Deep play experience and understanding of the progression and end-game experience of either World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV (any expansions)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills