At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better together. We're building endlessly engaging experiences that remove the barriers to playing with friends. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first class native experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape the game.
As Narrative Director you will work closely with the Game Director to establish the overall theme and tone of the in-game narrative experience in support of the overall game vision. You will be responsible for developing and articulating the overall narrative strategy of the game. You will lead the development of the game’s main characters and lead story development for our game. You will manage Narrative Designers and ensure they have the narrative mechanics they need to achieve storytelling goals. You will lead Game Writers and ensure they have the context, tools, and workflows necessary to communicate narrative to players.
Candidates selected to interview will be asked to provide writing samples.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Report to the Game Director and maintain an alignment and understanding of the vision and goals of game narrative
- Establishing our Narrative Design best practices
- Ensuring our in-game narrative experience achieves our experiential and pacing goals
- Ensuring a high quality, consistent, cross-play narrative experience
- Recruit, manage and grow writers and designers for the narrative team
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Credited as narrative designer or writer in one or more shipped video game titles, or equivalent experience in a live-service game
- Deep play experience and understanding of character-focused storytelling techniques in modern RPGs and JRPGs
- Play experience in one or more mobile titles with narrative mechanics
- Deep knowledge of one or more major anime or manga titles of the last decade. Familiar with anime or manga character design.
- Knowledge of modern narrative systems design and in-particular systems that recognize and rewards players expressing their attachment to characters through in-game actions (not just branching dialogue)
- Experience managing and mentoring narrative designers or writers
- Passion for games, particularly multiplayer games