At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
As Lead Metagame Designer you will report directly to the Game Director and be holistically responsible for the design and pacing of all progression systems in the game. As a design leader, you'll manage, mentor and develop other designers in the craft of systems design.
As a System Designer focused on progression and metagame, you’ll leverage your design expertise and deep knowledge of progression systems in MMOs, RPGs and JRPGs to create systems that facilitate players discovering, exploring, engaging with the game and content for those systems. You’ll work directly with cross-functional teams to advise on integrating systems and gameplay.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Craft and communicate the vision for metagame design for our game to align and excite developers, while maintaining alignment with the overall goals of the game
- Develop design standards, values, and practices that enable designers from different perspectives and backgrounds to produce gameplay content and experiences that feel congruent with the metagame
- Produce models/simulations of progression systems in Microsoft Excel or other software
- Create presentations, specifications, prototypes and example content as necessary to driven excitement and alignment towards delivering on metagame vision
- Design, own, iterate and improve on player progression systems and content like items, crafting recipes, gathering activities (like fishing), character customization, base upgrades, strategy missions
- Manage, mentor, grow and develop designers in the craft of systems design
- 7+ years of industry experience in a Game Design role
- Experience managing game designers
- Working knowledge of microeconomics, macroeconomics, probability, statistics
- Multiple major progression, economy or metagame systems designed and shipped where you were the primary designer of the system
- Deep play experience with and understanding of progression systems within leading recent RPG and JRPG titles across at least two platforms (PC, Console, Mobile)
- Deep play experience and understanding of the progression and end-game experience of either World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV (any expansions)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills