At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better together. We're building endlessly engaging experiences that remove the barriers to playing with friends. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first class native experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape the game.
As a System Designer focused on progression and metagame, you’ll leverage your design expertise and deep knowledge of progression systems in MMOs, RPGs and JRPGs to create systems that facilitate players discovering, exploring, engaging with the game. You’ll work directly with cross-functional teams to advise on integrating systems and gameplay.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Report to the Game Director and maintain an alignment and understanding of the vision and goals of the game
- Responsible for the high level design of progression, economy, and metagame across all players within a connected, social, persistent world
- Ensure that every system has a clear purpose, defined relationships with other systems, and experiential goals that enable cross-system critique
- Ensure game systems have appropriate and clear specifications and artifacts that inform implementation and capture intent
- Responsible for the overall pacing of the player experience across multiple game sessions, and across different activities within the game
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to generate insights that inform system design improvements that increase player enjoyment of the game experience and improve overall game pacing
- Mentor, develop and grow designers of all backgrounds in the craft of System Design
- Create design specs, example content, and other artifacts that communicate design intent and inform implementation
- 7+ years of industry experience including System Design and Leadership experience
- One or more shipped titles or expansions in which you were responsible for the design of multiple complex interconnected systems, ideally within a progression RPG
- One or more shipped titles in which you were responsible for designing progression or customization systems (i.e. an item system, a talent system)
- Deep play experience with and understanding of progression systems within leading recent RPG and JRPG titles across at least two platforms (PC, Console, Mobile)
- Deep play experience and understanding of the progression and end-game experience of either World of Warcraft or Final Fantasy XIV (any expansions)