At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
As Lead Gameplay Designer you'll report to the Game Director and be holistically responsible for developing, maintaining, and communicating the design and gameplay vision for major aspects of our game in areas like player controls, player character gameplay, enemy gameplay, camera, AI. As a design leader, you'll manage, mentor and develop other designers in the craft of gameplay design.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Craft and communicate the vision for gameplay for our game to align and excite developers, while maintaining alignment with the overall goals of the game
- Develop design standards, values, and practices that enable designers from different perspectives and backgrounds to produce gameplay content and experiences that feel congruent
- Create presentations, specifications, prototypes and example content as necessary to driven excitement and alignment towards delivering on gameplay vision
- Mentor, grow, and develop designers in the craft of gameplay design
- Design, own, iterate and improve on player gameplay systems and content like player abilities, weapons, movement and interactions
- Design, own, iterate and improve on PvE gameplay systems and content such as enemy abilities, enemy AI, hazards, traps
- 7+ years of industry experience in a Game Design role
- 3+ years of experience managing game designers
- Real-time gameplay prototyping experience on an AAA game or equivalent experience
- Multiple examples of shipped real-time gameplay content for which you were the primary designer
- Deep genre knowledge in at least one of the following: Fighting Games, Action Games, ARPGs