At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of to playing together. Cross-play is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
As Development Director you will work closely with the Game Director to establish the overall schedule, roadmap and development processes of the game to deliver the game in a way that is aligned with game vision, maintains team health and happiness, and produces timely and effective results. You will hire, develop and lead members of the production discipline for the product. You will additionally mentor discipline leads in integrating discipline goals with team goals.
Elodie Games has embraced a fully remote-first model. This means that you have the flexibility to choose where you'd like to work. If you're someone who prefers a dedicated workspace, we've got you covered with our beautiful office in sunny Venice, CA. If you'd prefer to work from home some or all of the time, you can choose to do so.
Elodie Games is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation including salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Holidays and an open PTO policy
- Report to the Game Director to maintain an alignment and understanding of the vision, goals and scope of the game
- Game budget, schedule and scope
- Overall tracking of progress, and gathering insights from that tracking to inform future planning
- Identifying and leading team-wide process iteration and improvement
- Leading team-wide discussions on scope, process, definition of done
- Leading the production discipline including hiring and managing of producers
- Work with individual teams to improve overall team effectiveness and happiness
- 7+ years of industry experience in a production role
- Full life-cycle game dev experience
- Solid understanding of modern project management practices, including Scrum and Kanban
- Experience scheduling and scoping large and complex deliverables.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Experience leading, growing, and mentoring producers
- Experience at the game development director level is valued but not required.
- Cross-discipline work experience valued but not required
- Passion for games, particularly multiplayer games