At Elodie Games, we believe that games are better when you play them with friends. We build endlessly engaging experiences while striving to eliminate all barriers that get in the way of playing together. Crossplay is etched into the DNA of everything we build so that no matter what platform you’re on, you’ll get a first-class experience. We’re a diverse team of industry professionals who love games and fuel each other's creativity. As an early member of the team, you’ll have the rare opportunity to explore broad areas of game development, learn new skills, and shape our first game.
As a Level Designer, you will be part of a cross-discipline gameplay team responsible for the development of high quality mission and dungeon experiences. You will leverage your knowledge of level design tools and sense of scale to create fun and engaging cooperative PVE content across different levels of challenge and complexity, from new player to hardcore endgame experiences.
- Concept, design, and rapidly prototype level layouts and PvE objectives that engage and entertain players
- Model and iterate on gameplay levels using assets across all production phases (from greyblock to final)
- Work with gameplay designers and artists to build compelling handcrafted gameplay spaces and finetune procedurally generated layouts
- Collaborate with your lead to identify and implement level content to meet the prioritized needs for the product schedule and testing cycles
- Playtest, gather feedback, and translate into iterative improvements that support gameplay vision
- Experience with linear, semi-linear, and hub/shared world layouts, including gameplay and technical requirements
- Experience designing levels from a top-down or isometric camera perspective
- Familiar with level design fundamentals and constraints
- Experience using Unreal for building environments, level scripting, and level design
- 3+ years of industry experience in a Level Design role
- Demonstrated understanding of blueprints in Unreal for content pipelines (levels, creatures, encounters)
- Experience designing and building multiplayer dungeons, raids, and/or instanced levelsKnowledge of RPGs and action game genres
- Knowledge of cooperative session-based games